Join Our Team
- Do you have strong mechanical skills?
- Would you like to be part of a successful team?
- Have you ever had a career path discussion with your manager?
- At PPM we are growing fast and need your help.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g., cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaw
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.) Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Professional Certification (e.g., an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Job Type: Full-time
M-F or M-Thurs (40 hours) 5a -3:30p or 7a – 3:30p (dependent on department)
Compensation: (Depends on Experience)